I stumbled upon this blog … stumbling upon things is so much more appreciated because they happen when your life needs it the most… anyway – the blog is www.marcandangel.com where I found a post about 30 Truths I’ve Learned In 30 Years and even though I am only a young 28 this year I have been thinking about my 30th almost every single day with seriously mixed emotions – there is a slight possibility that I am on the road to a mid mid-life crisis, but we will get to that another time.
The post has made me think of some of the things that I have learnt, some being from my own experience, some being from being apart of someone else’s life, and some from it being written by someone else and then having an ah-ha! moment…
1. I have learned that “In the end everything will be alright, if it’s not alright, it’s not the end.”
2. I have learnt that only you can live your life, it is not selfish to put yourself first – it is a right as no one can direct your life
3. I have learnt that it is ok to smile when you are hurting inside, it doesn’t mean you are not, it means you are stronger than you think
4. I have learnt that it is ok to feel what you feel until the feeling is gone. “It’s okay to fall apart for a little while. You don’t always have to pretend to be strong, and there is no need to constantly prove that everything is going well. You shouldn’t be concerned with what other people are thinking either – cry if you need to – it’s healthy to shed your tears. The sooner you do, the sooner you will be able to smile again.” – from 30 Truths I’ve Learned In 30 Years
5. I have learnt that sleep is more important than you think.
6. I have learnt that you have to honest with the people in your life, no matter how hard the truth is – it’s harder to keep quite than to speak out.
7. I have learnt that you can still climb a tree, it might be a little harder the older you get, but it can still be done – so do it!
8. “This too shall pass”
9. Take time for the ones you love, both young and old
10. I have learnt that you will be missed – no matter how far you run.
I am going to leave it at 10. as I know that there is so much left for me to learn, you are never too old to learn something new, so keep your eyes, your heart and your soul open to lessons.
On a little lighter note – here are 30 things that the oh so knowledgeable Dr. Seuss gives us to remember. It’s hard to choose a favourite but if I had to I would say 1. “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” 5. “You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.” and 17. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”